2012年12月30日星期日

鍒鎴戣蛋 Never let me go_046

. And as we walked off again, she'd tell me about some move she'd spotted that neither player had seen. "Amazingly dim," she'd murmur, shaking her head,jordans for sale. This had all helped get me fascinated, and I was soon longing to become engrossed myself in those ornate pieces. So when I'd found a chess set at a Sale and decided to buy it--despite it costing an awful lot of tokens--I was counting on Ruth's help.
For the next several days, though, she sighed whenever I brought the subject up, or pretended she had something else really urgent to do. When I finally cornered her one rainy afternoon, and we set out the board in the billiards room, she proceeded to show me a game that was a vague variant on draughts. The distinguishing feature of chess, according to her, was that each piece moved in an L-shape--I suppose she'd got this from watching the knight--rather than in the leap-frogging way of draughts. I didn't believe this, and I was really disappointed,http://www.rolexsubmarinerreplicausa.com/, but I made sure to say nothing and went along with her for a while. We spent several minutes knocking each other's pieces off the board, always sliding the attacking piece in an "L." This continued until the time I tried to take her and she claimed it wouldn't count because I'd slid my piece up to hers in too straight a line.
At this, I stood up, packed up the set and walked off. I never said out loud that she didn't know how to play--disappointed as I was, I knew not to go that far--but my storming off was, I suppose, statement enough for her.
It was maybe a day later,imitation rolex watches, I came into Room 20 at the top of the house, where Mr,http://www.rolexsubmarinerreplica.info/. George had his poetry class. I don't remember if it was before or after the class, or how full the room was. I remember having books in my hands, and that as I moved towards where Ruth and the others were talking, there was a strong patch of sun across the desk-lids they were sitting on.
I could see from the way they had their heads together they were discussing secret guard stuff, and although, as I say, the row with Ruth had been only the day befo

没有评论:

发表评论